This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin & WordNet???
- From: "jan.kolar" <kolar at math dot cas dot cz>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 11:47:23 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Cygwin & WordNet???
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Hello, I used to be able to install WordNet alone on my Windows machine.
> Recently I want to install wordnet on a new Windows 7 machine. However,
> The WordNet installer always triggers the cygwin installer. I don't want
> to do that. then I remove cygwin from my machine, but still I can't
> install wordnet without installing cygwin first.
> anybody has an idea on this? Thanks.
This is question about WordNet, not about cygwin. Ask there.
Some random ideas:
1. check with http://wordnet.princeton.edu/wordnet/faq/#q.3.1
"I get the installation program for another, unrelated program"
"This is a problem with InstallShield... [move] into an empty folder and
2. Might be this is not necessary for the very basic functionality, but the
you need gcc, make...
If you need them, cygwin might be a good way to go.
Or perhaps at least Tcl/Tk
Once more: Ask at WordNet.
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Cygwin---WordNet----tp32626217p32626595.html
Sent from the Cygwin list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple