RE: Cygwin & WordNet???

gviewer sent the following at Monday, October 10, 2011 1:52 PM
>Hello, I used to be able to install WordNet alone on my Windows machine.
>
>Recently I want to install wordnet on a new Windows 7 machine. However,
>The WordNet installer always triggers the cygwin installer. I don't want
>to do that. then I remove cygwin from my machine, but still I can't
>install wordnet without installing cygwin first.
>
>anybody has an idea on this? Thanks.

Where are you getting the Windows installer for Wordnet?

This page
<http://wordnet.princeton.edu/wordnet/download/current-version/>
has the most recent official Windows version
<http://wordnetcode.princeton.edu/2.1/WordNet-2.1.exe>.
I tried it and the cygwin installer, <setup.exe>, was not launched.

Now there is a cygwin version of Wordnet that, of course, runs on
Windows.  Installing that with cygwin's setup also installs a basic
cygwin installation.

(Note that cygwin has version 3.0 while the Windows version is 2.1.)

So, again, where are you getting the Windows installer for Wordnet?

- Barry