This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bug in remote gui app execution via ssh
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 18:00:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: Bug in remote gui app execution via ssh
- References: <6ED528E64C97954F9CD16756637858B30B9B32@PWSVL-EXCMBX-01.internal.cacheflow.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 9/29/2011 9:30 PM, Elr, Arun wrote:
Is there any update on this feature? I downgraded to 5.6p1, still it did
not work. I heavily depended on this feature. I tried in XP, Vista and
Windows 7. Is there any plan to fix this in upcoming release?
A service interacting with the desktop is an undependable feature at best.
MS effectively removed support for it after XP. Even with XP, it seems
flaky. Based on that state of affairs, I would say that it's unlikely
that Cygwin will be able to reinstate this through any kind of magic going
forward. There are some knowledge base articles in the MSDN that talk about
options to enable the station in a service to access another, which may
provide some relief. Off the top of my head, I don't recall more specific
pointers or details but it's something you could investigate if you're
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple