This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7.9-1 Patch command mangles permissions on windows 7
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:19:15 +0400
- Subject: Re: 1.7.9-1 Patch command mangles permissions on windows 7
- References: <CAL1QdWffTReMc64HhqTuu1zX0E5rwTeceAZ-vK23o6cNNbtWGQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Roger Pack!
> Forgive me if this is a commonly reported bug, but I wasn't sure if
> other discussions on permissions issues were the same as this issue...
> $ c:\installs\cygwin\bin\patch.exe -p0 < multithread_utilities_trunk.diff
> (Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
> patching file xxx/yyy/zzz/Test.java
When you're running Cygwin tools outside cygwin shell, you need to let Windows
do the security handling for you.
In /etc/fstab, uncomment the last line (under one that says "This is the
default...") and add "noacl" mount option.
none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user,noacl 0 0
none / cygdrive binary,posix=0,user,noacl 0 0
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 17.10.2011, <18:15>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple