This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: exim-4.76-1 fails to remove lock from spooler on delivery
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: "'Zdzislaw Meglicki'" <zdzisiekm at sbcglobal dot net>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:33:56 -0400
- Subject: RE: exim-4.76-1 fails to remove lock from spooler on delivery
- References: <1319578206.31584.YahooMailRC@web80708.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of Zdzislaw Meglicki
> Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 17:30 PM
> I have a problem with exim-4.76-1 on my Cygwin installation under Windows
> 7. On having received a message addressed to a local user, exim creates
> lock file in the /var/spool/mail directory and ... freezes. The message
> up in mailq as "frozen". I have to remove the lock file manually, then run
> exim -M on the message ID for its final delivery into the user file.
Is that 100% reproducible on your system?
Is there an entry in an exim log, normally in /var/log/exim/ ?
I couldn't reproduce the problem on XP.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple