This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Cygwin - Windows server 2003 - Cron started - Job run - No effect
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: "'6lv1'" <sylvaptik at gmail dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 11:41:24 -0400
- Subject: RE: Cygwin - Windows server 2003 - Cron started - Job run - No effect
- References: <CA+o1bUGN+Cd2FE4qSFxeuhYo5sjceROsLjQmxaP5Z-+xsJOyWQ@mail.gmail.com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of 6lv1
> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:55 AM
> Dear Cygwin community,
> I'm beating with my self in order to set up a simple cron job in a Cygwin
> environment (setup.exe version 2.738) under Windows server 2003. At first
> encountered some difficulties to start cron service but now it starts
> and cron logs its run my job.
> For information, here what I used to set up cron:
FYI, there is a cron-config script that would have done everything for you.
It will also check the sanity of the environment
See also the cron README file in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/
The command itself may have produced some info.
If /usr/sbin/sendmail is a link to /usr/bin/cronlog any command output is
placed in ~/cron.log
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple