Re: gdb broken inside emacs (again? still?)

On 09/11/2011 5:32 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 11/9/2011 4:44 PM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
Debugging anything within emacs is thus completely impossible at this time.

cgf has already stated that this will be fixed in the next release of gdb; see

Sorry, must have missed that one. Thanks for pointing me at it.

In the meantime, can't you use gdb 7.3.50-1? If you also have problems with that release, please send detailed instructions for reproducing the problem (starting with emacs -Q).
No luck:

$ cygcheck -cd | grep gdb
gdb                         7.3.50-1
libgdbm4                    1.8.3-20
$ emacs -Q -nw
M-x gdb
Run gdb (like this): gdb
(gdb) quit
... long time passes...
 C-c C-cQuit
(gdb) ^D
Debugger finished

P.S. If you're building your own emacs and using a Cygwin snapshot, you'll need to apply my patch to fix the memory allocation problem that we discussed a few months ago. You can get this by using setup.exe to download the source for emacs-23.3-3.
That would explain why emacs-bootstrap.exe keeps hanging. I'll try building from the patched source tree and see what happens.

Ryan