Re: [1.7.9] bash: warning: setlocale: LC_COLLATE: cannot change locale (FR)

On Dec  5 11:37, e.vacchi wrote:
> Andy Koppe <andy.koppe <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > I assume s/not/now/, but in any case it would still be helpful if you
> > could confirm that the LANG=FR setting did come from the Windows
> > environment, e.g. using the 'set' command in a Command Prompt. Even
> > better if you had an idea where the setting came from, in case others
> > stumble across this in future.
>
> Windows does set LANG= to your locale; in my case %LANG% is IT

Windows does not set $LANG by default, nor does it set it when you
change your regional options.  There must be some specific software
component which thought it a good idea to set LANG.  Either way, neither
"FR" nor "IT" are POSIX compatible locale settings.

You can workaround the issue by either unsetting LANG before calling
bash, setting it to a POSIX compatible value, or by utilizing the
/usr/share/locale/locale.alias file.  Just add a line like this to
locale.alias:

  IT	it_IT.utf8

Corinna

Red Hat