Re: Cygwin slow on x64 systems?

On Thu, 8 Dec 2011, Marco Moreno wrote:
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Tim McDaniel wrote:

(You quoted my e-mail address there, which may get you dinged by the admins, but I'm cool with my e-mail addy going out -- I put it in my sig and all.)

After uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection (no changes to
Superfetch or PCA Service):

$ time echo hi | read x

real 0m0.093s
user 0m0.000s
sys  0m0.061s

Unfortunately, now I'm required to reinstall.

Any chance they will allow you to add a "User defined exception" (in Centralized Exceptions) to exclude your cygwin folder? That works for me.

After reinstalling:

$ time echo hi | read x

real    0m0.094s
user    0m0.015s