Re: 16 byte pthread stack alignments

On Dec 22 16:31, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Dec 22 09:20, Brian Ford wrote:

> > > Did you try to drop the -Werror from the command line, for testing sake?
> >
> > No, because in this case it actually is an error, not one converted from a
> > warning.  Am I missing something, or shouldn't the cygwin sources compile
> > without this kind of difficulty?  Is this really just a difference between
> > the Cygwin gcc-4 and the one you guys use to cross compile?
>
> Should be basically the same compiler:
>
>   i686-pc-cygwin-gcc (GCC) 4.5.3 20110428 (Fedora Cygwin 4.5.3-4)
>
> The error message is kind of nonsense anyway.  The expression in question
> is
>
>   sizeof (cygheap_exec_info) + (nprocs * sizeof (children[0]))
>
> so it's just a `sizeof', not an actual usage of the member.  Try this
> for now:

Btw., you are apparently not running the latest gcc-4.  I just tried to
compile this file (without my patch) on Cygwin and it works fine without
any warning or error:

  $ gcc --version
  gcc (GCC) 4.5.3
  $ cygcheck -c gcc4
  Cygwin Package Information
  Package              Version        Status
  gcc4                 4.5.3-3        OK

Corinna

Red Hat