Re: Elevated prompt under ssh on Windows 7

On 18.01.2012 16:16, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jan 18 07:58, Ryan Johnson wrote:
On 18/01/2012 7:12 AM, Timothy Madden wrote:
Is there a way to get the remote shell not to run elevated under
sshd, even if the user could otherwise run programs elevated in
the native Windows OS ?
I suspect you could set up ssh to use a "shell" which drops the
user's privilege level and then invokes the real shell. I don't know
the magic incantation off-hand, tho.

There's a cygdrop tool in the cygutils package which allows to start another process under a restricted token. See `cygdrop --help'.

I think cygdrop will do what I need with the proper configuration. Nice tool.

Thank you,
Timothy Madden