This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin-1.7.10-1 and sshd
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Harry G McGavran Jr <w5pny at w5pny dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 14:27:48 +0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin-1.7.10-1 and sshd
- References: <4F2EEB82.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Harry G McGavran Jr!
> This happens whenever one ssh's from a Linux box to a Windows XP box
> with Cygwin on it. On login one gets the warning about CYGWIN having
> the value "tty" in it. The users on the windows systems don't
> have CYGWIN set on any of their profiles, .login's .cshrcs's etc. etc.
> BUT, /HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/services/sshd/Parameters/Environment
> IS set to "ntsec binmode tty" on the Windows XP boxes.
What you mean by your "but"? You've been told that it's likely cause and you
indeed confirmed the suspicion.
Now, fix it?
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 06.02.2012, <14:26>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple