This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bug: ssh-agent "fork"/spawn/createprocess becomes codependent on the window/process that ran it.
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 10:23:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: Bug: ssh-agent "fork"/spawn/createprocess becomes codependent on the window/process that ran it.
- References: <4F3069FE.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F309AD2.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Feb 6 19:30, Sponge Bob wrote:
> Rolling back the "cygwin" package from 1.7.10-1 to 1.7.9-1 makes problem go away.
> On 2/6/2012 4:02 PM, Sponge Bob wrote:
> > Just updated to latest CYGWIN in Windows XP. After running ssh-agent, the command prompt
> > window that it ran in will hang on "exit". If the window is forcibly killed, it will
> > take the ssh-agent down with it. If the ssh-agent is forcibly killed, the "exiting"
> > window will close. Previous versions of ssh-agent in cygwin turned into a background
> > process. Don't know if this is a ssh-agent problem or a generic forking problem.
Thanks for the report. Please check if the latest snapshot from
http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ fixes the problem for you.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple