Re: 1.7.10: cygpath -p "wide char path lists not yet supported" - cygcheck.out (0/1)

On Feb  8 13:16, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > On Feb  8 12:22, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > > $ cygpath -u 'C:\WINDOWS'
> > > /win/c/WINDOWS
> > >
> > > $ cygpath -pu 'C:\WINDOWS'
> > >      15 [main] cygpath 5076 C:\cygwin\bin\cygpath.exe: *** fatal error - wide char path lists not
> > > yet supported
> > > Hangup
> >
> > Try `uname -r'
>
> Erf, thanks.  I had updated to 1.7.10, but as you guessed, uname -r said 1.7.9.
>
> BTW, after restarting all Cygwin process, uname -r still said 1.7.9.  So I rebooted; still 1.7.9. So
> I looked in c:\cygwin\bin, and found that cygwin1.dll was still version 1.7.9, but there was also
> cygwin1.dll.new, version 1.7.10.  So I removed cygwin1.dll and renamed cygwin1.dll.new, and now I'm
> running 1.7.10.
>
> Is that the expected behavior for setup?  I assume that I had left some Cygwin processes running
> when I updated to 1.7.10.  I don't remember setup warning me about replacing files in use, although
> maybe it did and I forgot.  But I thought the problem was supposed to take care of itself after a
> reboot - I don't remember ever encountering cygwin1.dll.new before.

THe fact that you have a .new file shows that setup tried to replace
the file after reboot.  However, the Win32 functionality, MoveFileEx
with MOVEFILE_DELAY_UNTIL_REBOOT | MOVEFILE_REPLACE_EXISTING flags
apparently doesn't work under all circumstances.  See, for instance,
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en-US?query=PendingFileRenameOperations
for more information.

Corinna

Red Hat