This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin.dll version in bug reports
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:17:27 +0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin.dll version in bug reports
- References: <0105D5C1E0353146B1B222348B0411A20A51C567D1@NIHMLBX02.nih.gov>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]!
> I wouldn't presume to speak for the package maintainers. However, I
> would guess that people assume that the package version is the latest.
> (I do.) So if one is up to date, why the need to point it out in the
> subject line?
Because "latest" is not a version number.
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 10.02.2012, <16:17>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple