This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: base-files-4.0-7
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 11:08:25 -0800
- Subject: Re: Updated: base-files-4.0-7
- References: <20120210220912.GD21762@jethro.local.lan>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
2/10/2012 2:09 PM, David Sastre Medina wrote:
> * Environment variable SHELL is now exported from /etc/profile.
> Improved profile_d() function in /etc/profile - Cyrille Lefevre
I'm having some troubles due to this change. I'm using bash, and the
new /etc/profile exports SHELL=bash.
This breaks ssh when using a ProxyCommand. I have this in my
ProxyCommand ssh -q otherhost /usr/bin/nc %h %p
When I try to ssh to somehost, I get:
% ssh somehost
bash: No such file or directory
ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
If I set SHELL to /bin/bash (which is how it was defaulted before it
was set in /etc/profile), everything works fine.
David Rothenberger ---- email@example.com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple