This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7.10 cygrunsrv.exe fails with "fork: 11, Resource temporarily unavailable"
- From: Carl Soderstrom <chrome at mn dot real-time dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:26:49 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: Re: 1.7.10 cygrunsrv.exe fails with "fork: 11, Resource temporarily unavailable"
- Reply-to: Carl Soderstrom <chrome at real-time dot com>
I want to make sure my solution ends up in the archives for the benefit of other people.
> From: "Corinna Vinschen"
> On Feb 9 15:39, Carl Soderstrom wrote:
> > Changing the stack size using regtool (regtool.exe -i set
> > /HKLM/Software/Cygwin/heap_chunk_in_mb 2048) has not fixed the
> > problem.
> I don't know what the problem is here, but please note the change in
> terms of the heap size in 1.7.10:
Thank you, that was helpful. In the end what seems to have fixed it was to run an ash.exe shell (launched directly from the Start -> Run
dialog), run 'cd /bin;PATH=. rebaseall' in that, then re-launch the Cygwin terminal, run the following commands:
$ peflags --cygwin-heap=1024 /usr/bin/run.exe
$ peflags --cygwin-heap=1024 /usr/bin/cygrunsrv.exe
I do not know if all those steps were necessary, but the programs seem to work correctly now.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple