This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: need help with perl script and rsync
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 13:10:08 -0600
- Subject: Re: need help with perl script and rsync
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of firstname.lastname@example.org designates 10.152.122.74 as permitted sender) email@example.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM, wrote:
> We use ActiveState perl in a backup processes at my work. A programmer
> created a perl script to create an incremental backup using rsync. The
> script does not do the incremental backup, just a full backup. It worked in
> winxp, but now that we are using it on win7 its not incrementing.
> I cannot get in contact with the programmer. Is there someone here that can
> look at the script and find out what the issue is?
You can send it to the list or to me.
rsync is cygwin, activestate perl is not, so you have to use path
conversions, which are unnatural to both.
Easiest would be to use cygwin perl and get accustomed to POSIX paths
PS: rsync does incremental backups natively. I don't see the apparent
need for a perl driver. But even PAUSE uses a perl driver to rsync for
performance reasons with huge mirroring costs.
http://cpanel.net/ ? http://www.perl-compiler.org/
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple