This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SSH looking for identity file in /.ssh
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 18:05:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: SSH looking for identity file in /.ssh
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Feb 21 08:53, _w_ wrote:
> I just installed Cygwin 1.7.10 and created keys in ~/.ssh. When I ssh to
> another server, it looks for identity files in /.ssh rather than ~/.ssh.
> I checked /etc/ssh_config and everything is commented out (as it was in my
> old Cygwin installation). I tried adding "IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa" but
> that didn't help, it kept looking in /.ssh.
That means your home directory is set to / in /etc/passwd.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple