This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
ldd fails when dll has no execute permissions
- From: cppjavaperl <cppjavaperl at yahoo dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:03:40 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: ldd fails when dll has no execute permissions
- Reply-to: cppjavaperl <cppjavaperl at yahoo dot com>
This was discovered in cygwin-1.7.10-1.
If you run 'ldd' against an executable, and the executable has dependent DLLs which do *not* have execute permissions, ldd's output stops when it reaches the offending dependent DLL, and reports no further information.? ldd does not give an error message, and the exit code is zero.
To test, pick an application with a dependent DLL, then chmod 666 on that DLL (pick a DLL you can live without temporarily, of course), then run 'ldd' against the executable.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple