Re: more "address space needed ... is already occupied" problems (with snapshot of 2012-02-20)

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 00:23:38 +0100
Michael Lutz <> wrote:

> Am 23.02.2012 09:30 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> > If you ran rebaseall, then ruby's shared libs should have been rebased
> > as well.
> This is not necessarily true if you've got gems (just like perl CPAN
> modules) not packaged by cygwin installed.
> For that I've hacked a rubyrebase script from the cygwin supplied
> perlrebase script. I've attached it here, maybe it can be useful for other
> people as well.

Thank you so much, that solved it for me! I tried looking up the address of by using Corinna's suggestion (rebase -si), and it wasn't included in that list at all (not even when using cygwin's ruby 1.8.7 package), so it did never rebase it. After rebasing explicitly, I had other shared objects with similar problems. Your script did the magic, thanks!