This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Recent upgrade to wish leads to a problem
- From: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- To: Cygwin ML <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:25:33 +0000
- Subject: Recent upgrade to wish leads to a problem
Previously bin/wish was a link to wish84.exe (from memory). Recently it
was upgraded to wish 8.5.exe.
Now, unless X is also running, wish fails with
% Application initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY
I'm not quite certain which recently upgraded package led to this:
tcl-tk or tcltk or ...
Have I identified a real glitch and if so can this problem be addressed?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple