This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How and where is HOME set from /etc/passwd?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Andrew DeFaria <Andrew at DeFaria dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 03:44:42 +0400
- Subject: Re: How and where is HOME set from /etc/passwd?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Andrew DeFaria!
> According to http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.setup.html#faq.setup.home if not
> set in the Windows environment then the entry in /etc/password should be
> used. Where is this accomplished? Because I'm not seeing it happen.
> Instead /etc/profile is invoked and HOME is set to nothing and
> /etc/profile tries to create a directory of no name and fails.
Use mkpasswd (and mkgroup, as well) to generate proper /etc/passwd and
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 25.02.2012, <03:43>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple