This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: GCC fatal error: can't open /tmp/ccc6IHTT.s for writing
- From: Robert Miles <robertmiles at bellsouth dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Paul Keir <paul at codeplay dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 17:58:34 -0600
- Subject: Re: GCC fatal error: can't open /tmp/ccc6IHTT.s for writing
- References: <4F4756DD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2/24/2012 3:22 AM, Paul Keir wrote:
After installing a package (libxrandr-dev I think) GCC 4.5.3 (from
Exp) has a problem. Even Hello World gives me:
hello.c:1:0: fatal error: can't open /tmp/ccc6IHTT.s for writing: No
such file or directory
I have tried reinstalling GCC with no luck. Can anyone offer advice?
Thanks in advance,
Looks like time to check the read-write permissions on directory /tmp
and any files inside it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple