Re: bash under emacs gives "cannot set terminal process group"

On 2/27/2012 7:04 AM, leoslists@letterboxes.org wrote:
Hi there

I upgraded my Cygwin installation to Cygwin dll 1.7.11-1. Since then when I start Cygwin bash under emacs i get the following error message:

	bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device
	bash: no job control in this shell

And indeed, I can't stop subprocesses in this shell, which is very inconvenient.

BTW, I invoke bash in emacs with the arguments "--noediting -i". Both are needed.

This is the default when you run M-x shell.

What can I do about the error message?

I can't reproduce this. Please give a precise recipe for producing the problem, starting from `emacs -Q'. Also, please follow the problem-reporting guidelines at

http://cygwin.com/problems.html

including the part about attaching cygcheck output.

Ken