This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gitk fails to start after updating cygwin
- From: "Matt Seitz (matseitz)" <matseitz at cisco dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:12:09 -0800
- Subject: Re: gitk fails to start after updating cygwin
"Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" wrote:
> Remember that using X requires some level of manual intervention,
> that you have to *start* the server and set DISPLAY before actually
> using it.
> So installing xorg-server as a dependency isn't going to
> prevent these questions one bit.
Good point. Would adding "xinit" as a dependency be a better solution?
I am hoping that when "setup" informs the user that "gitk requires
xinit", it might it at least:
1. Alert the user to the fact that gitk now requires loading the X
2. Spare the user having to run "setup" again to download the packages
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple