This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Links: +S attribute removed: recover?
- From: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- To: Cygwin ML <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 08:39:54 +0000
- Subject: Links: +S attribute removed: recover?
Links of the style
$ ls -al /bin/awk
lrwxrwxrwx 1 fergus hdd 8 Feb 28 07:27 /bin/awk -> gawk.exe*
are located on the drive as readonly +R .lnk files or +S system files.
Suppose through a keyboard slip outside Cygwin all the file attribites
on a Cygwin filesystem are lost. Then +R attributes can be recovered
through the DOS command
attrib +R *.lnk /s
but can anybody tell me whether (and if so, how) it is possible to
recover links created as +S files?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple