This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7.10/1.7.11: .Net programs started from a cygwin console may fail.
- From: Jon Clugston <jon dot clugston at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 08:51:06 -0500
- Subject: Re: 1.7.10/1.7.11: .Net programs started from a cygwin console may fail.
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of email@example.com designates 10.180.92.227 as permitted sender) firstname.lastname@example.org; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <4F4BA00E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20120228125601.GC23440@calimero.vinschen.de>
On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> The problem is that I have not the faintest insight into .Net. ?This is
> an application written in a language I don't know, using a class library
> I don't know, using a compiler I don't know. ?And the executable isn't
> even a Cygwin application so it doesn't call Cygwin functions. ?So I
> have no idea what problem this application has. ?What on earth is it
> trying to tell me?
> ?Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key
> ?in dictionary: 'tmp' ?Key being added: 'tmp'
> ? ? at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add)
> ? ? at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value)
> ? ? at System.Collections.Specialized.StringDictionary.Add(String key, String value)
> ? ? [etc.]
Just a guess, but it does look suspiciously like the name of an
environment variable. Wasn't there some discussion lately about
differing case environment variables ("tmp" as opposed to "TMP")?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple