This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin errors after altering Windows command prompt shortcut (???)
- From: Pat Tressel <ptressel at myuw dot net>
- To: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 18:27:21 -0800
- Subject: Re: Cygwin errors after altering Windows command prompt shortcut (???)
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of firstname.lastname@example.org designates 10.180.90.225 as permitted sender) email@example.com
- References: <CABT-+2rFSA4V6eoS0f9a1RX7+cmk7NpkQBgGx5DSiHhBSThJyg@mail.gmail.com> <CABT-+2pwsXiqthHiT7-PkMeN3Tpk_-3y-chy_tDSz+j7NBvNGA@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> Background:? Ok, this is really weird...
> It's even weirder, than you'd think.
> Hint: reg:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console
Oooooh, that. I could *not* remember "console". I was thinking
"terminal" or "you know, whatever it is that Windows runs its command
prompt in" or "the thing that has the text color properties and the
quick edit mode".
(Off topic: Huh. So maybe git or msysgit was monkeying around with
the color table...maybe using a non-standard color?)
> Close all console windows, cleanup the color assignments, relogin your
> windows session.
I rebooted. Aaaand (drumroll) Cygwin setup ran to completion and
fixed the shortcut.
Yay! Thanks, Andrey!!
Just curious...I wonder what was giving bash fits...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple