Re: cygheap base mismatch detected

On Mar  1 05:56, Heiko Elger wrote:
> I can agree having some times same error on multiple machines (win7/64) - but
> always when running perl.
>
> 1 [main] perl (7796) c:\programme\cygwin\bin\perl.exe: *** fatal error -
> cygheap base mismatch detected - 0xE158D0
> /0xEF58D0.

I don't know what's with your machine, but these values are *very* bad.
The Cygwin DLL is supposed to be loaded into the same virtual address
0x61000000 in every process.  The above address...  I don't know what
I should say.  Did you run perlrebase?  Is your perl executable
dislocated?  I know that perlrebase did that accidentally at one point.
What does `objdump -h /bin/perl' print?  Additionally, do you observe
collisions when running `rebase -si'?

> What we really have is the following - so perhaps cygwin thinks he will file
> multiple cygwin1.dll files.
>
> We are using German Win7/64.
>
> Cygwin is installed into c:\Programme\cygwin.
> In German Win7 c:\Programme is a system link to "c:\Program Files" - this is
> by Win7 automatically.
> Our IT departement create a junction c:\Programme to "c:\Program Files" using
> mklink /J c:\Programme "c:\Program Files" - cause of other older
> incompatabilities to our old WinXp environment having a real c:\Programme
> directory.
>
> I'm not sure - but perhaps cause of this - cygwin will came into trouble.

That shouldn't matter.  It *could* matter in case of the default
entries in the mount table, but in fact those should be fixed after
the first Cygwin executable is running and then not change anymore
anyway.

Corinna

Red Hat