syslog-ng service fails: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1062

E-Mail lesen  	 « 	1 Von 22	 »

Environment:
Windows 7/32
Cygwin 1.7.11-1
OpenSSH 5.9p1-1
syslog-ng 3.2.1-1

Dear Community,

I?m just started with Cygwin and want to run openSSH. I?m getting slowly furher with knowledge and success and had to install Cygwin therefore several times. I couldn?t setup the openSSH-config again (with the ?ssh-host-config? cmd). the flow of the script looked quite good but the service wasn?t startable; I always got message ?cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062?.
Now I can help by deleting the privileged user ?cyg_server? from /etc/passwd before running ?ssh-host-config?.
I can now logon locally to the server by issuing ?ssh <userid>@localhost?. But Logon from remote system fails with permission denied for some reason and I would like to find out by writing messages to syslog. syslog-ng was running; I changed the sshd_config to LogLevel DEBUG3 but nothing happened to the log. So I tried to restart syslog-ng as well; stopped it with ?cygrunsrv ?E syslog-ng?  but starting failed with same error ?cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062? as before sshd. But here is no user I can delete from /etc/passwd.
So I removed the service (cygrunsrv ?R syslog-ng) and installed it again:
u005078@WS885383 ~
$ cygrunsrv -R syslog-ng

u005078@WS885383 ~
$ /bin/syslog-ng-config
Overwrite existing /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf file? (yes/no) yes
/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf has been renamed to /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf.old.
Creating default syslog-ng configuration files in /etc/syslog-ng

Warning: The following function requires administrator privileges!

Do you want to install syslog-ng as service?
(Say "no" if it's already installed as service) (yes/no) yes

The service has been installed under LocalSystem account.
To start the service, call `net start syslog-ng' or `cygrunsrv -S syslog-ng'.

Check /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf first, if it suits your needs.

Configuration finished. Have fun!

u005078@WS885383 ~
$ cygrunsrv -S syslog-ng
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
The service was not started.

u005078@WS885383 ~
$ cygrunsrv -VQ syslog-ng
Service             : syslog-ng
Display name        : CYGWIN syslog-ng
Current State       : Stopped
Command             : /usr/sbin/syslog-ng -F
stdin path          : /dev/null
stdout path         : /var/log/syslog-ng.log
stderr path         : /var/log/syslog-ng.log
Process Type        : Own Process
Startup             : Automatic
Account             : LocalSystem

Then I tried to start it with the privileged user:
u005078@WS885383 ~
$ cygrunsrv -R syslog-ng

u005078@WS885383 ~
$ cygrunsrv -VQ syslog-ng
cygrunsrv: Error querying a service: OpenService:  Win32 error 1060:
Der angegebene Dienst ist kein installierter Dienst. (means: The specified service is not an installed service)

u005078@WS885383 ~
$ cygrunsrv -I syslog-ng -d "SYSLOG-NG" -p /usr/sbin/syslog-ng -a "-F" -u cyg_server
Enter password of user `WS885383\cyg_server':
Reenter, please:

u005078@WS885383 ~
$ cygrunsrv -VQ syslog-ng
Service             : syslog-ng
Current State       : Stopped
Command             : /usr/sbin/syslog-ng -F
stdin path          : /dev/null
stdout path         : /var/log/syslog-ng.log
stderr path         : /var/log/syslog-ng.log
Process Type        : Own Process
Startup             : Automatic
Account             : .\cyg_server

u005078@WS885383 ~
$ cygrunsrv -S syslog-ng
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
The service was not started.

And now I have no idea but to install the whole environment (Cygwin) again.

I would appreciate to understand and fix whats going on here.

Ulrich