1.7.11-1 Update returns non-zero exit codes for coreutils

I did my usual morning updates from Cygwin and saw the following error
messages (thank you for the autorebase by the way, long needed, great idea).

Package: Unknown package
	autorebase.bat exit code 1
	coreutils.sh exit code 127

I've tried re-installing the coreutils package and still see the following.

Package: coreutils
	coreutils.sh exit code 127
Package: Unknown package
	autorebase.bat exit code 1

While I can run the Cygwin terminal window, there appears to be a very serious
issue as I can't run commands like "cd", "ls", or "cygcheck" either.  When I
echo the $PATH I get the following.  This definitely doesn't look correct.

$ echo $PATH
/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/Windows
Live:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/Syst
em32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/ATI Technologies/ATI Control
Panel:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/ATI Technologies/ATI.ACE/Core-
Static:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL
Server/80/Tools/Binn:/cygdrive/c/ProgramFiles/QuickTime/QTSystem:/cygdrive/c/P
rogram Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/Windows Live

I've deleted the C:\cygwin\etc\setup\coreutil.lst.gz and re-installed again.
I still get the same exit code message as after the previous re-install
attempt.

Any idea what I've done wrong or what I need to do to get out of this
situation?  I can't run cygcheck or I would try to give the output as an
attachment.  I'm running a Windows XP SP3 system with McAfee Security Center.
There are no security warnings during the download or installation.  Any help
would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Brian S. Wilson