Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: _autorebase. Call rebaseall after installing new or updated DLLs

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> I've added a new package called _autorebase to the Cygwin distro.
>
> This package is usually installed and updated automatically.  In the
> default view of setup.exe you won't even see it.

Thank you very much (even though I'd just added the same functionality
to my setup batch script).

Minor nit: rebaseall picks up a file with the suffix ".osc" in the texmf
tree that isn't actually a DLL.

> The purpose of this package is to run rebaseall automatically after any
> package containing DLLs is updated.

How is that supposed to work, exactly?  There seems to be only a single
package having _autorebase as a dependency and the _autorebase.bat file
has been renamed .done after the first installation.

Also, I think it would be nicer in the long run to have an
/etc/autorebase.d/ that can be used to drop DLL lists in there that work
together with the "-T" option of rebase.  That way, packages would
ultimately become responsible for listing their rebaseable files and
users (administrators) could drop list with additional DLL that got
installed without setup.exe.  As long as packages haven't been updated
to provide those lists, the names could be extracted from /etc/setup,
like they are currently (I think).

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: