Re: look to secure cygwin email delivery

On 05/01/2012 09:01 PM, Gregory Machin wrote:
Hi.
Iâm new to Cygwin.

Our users are required to use Active Directory authentication for
sending email , via our exchange server, this is fine for Outlook and
Thunderbird, but not for scripts that run under Cygwin. I configured
sSMTP for a user to use , the issues with this is that the
configuration is in clear text and is visible to all users on the
machine.
No it's visible to all users who have been given read permission to the file. You can chmod 600 the file I believe. I know that unless the snooper has admin rights they will be limited by their UID and GID. Not sure if a plain Windows user logging in can gain access to the file though.

Thus my questions is howto configure the Cygwin environment to use the userâs authentication tokens to send email via Exchange , or in a way that the users authentication details are not exposed.

Thanks

Greg

--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?