Re: Someone is pretending to be some Cygwin's support

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 03:17:01PM +0000, Achim Gratz wrote:
>Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:
>> "Actually, if you, or anyone, gets one of these please send a copy of
>> the message to postmaster."
>
>Yeah, just about any postmaster?  I've got a new one from Joe Assistly and just
>guessed the domain since you don't want to tell.  Hope it'll get to the right
>person.

It shouldn't have to tell you what domain to use for postmaster for this
mailing list.  I don't see any reason to advertise something like an
email address for spammers to harvest.  That account gets quite enough
spam as it is.

You did manage to figure it out but, unfortunately, your forwarded
header shows that the email response likely came as the result of a
gmane post so there is nothing that we can do about it here.