Re: [RFU] SQlite3

Warren Young writes:
> Thanks, Achim.  See my RFU message on the -apps list if you want to
> try the packages in advance of them hitting the mirrors.

I tried them and they are OK.  :-)

> I changed your .cygport file considerably.  Partly that's just style
> issues, but it also has to do with my build procedure.

It goes without saying that I have no objections.

>  You might be interested: the attached cygport-new script makes
> creating a new version pretty easy:
>
> 1. Put my sqlite3.cygport file and src.patch in a work directory.
>
> 2. Run 'cygport-new 3.7.12.1'.  It assumes -1 if you don't give a
> package revision number.
>
> 3. If nothing changed incompatibly, you're done; upload and send RFU
> message.  Else, fix the problem and goto 2.

Thanks for sharing this.

> Then for each new release you want to package, you try starting with
> step 2, passing the new version number.  If that fails, you usually
> have to go back to step 1 and edit the .cygport or .patch file.
>
> You're welcome to take these tools and maintainership of the
> package. The only reason I maintain it is that its previous maintainer
> went MIA and it was going to be dropped from the distro; I rescued it
> purely because I knew what sqlite was and had some idea how to build
> and test it.  I don't actually use it on Cygwin like you do[*], so I'm
> not well motivated to keep it up to date.  I mainly react to bug
> reports like yours.  And as you see, not always promptly. :)

I really appreciate what you're doing and I won't complain about any
reponse times.

> [*] I mainly use sqlite3 on other platforms, and then via other
> software that happens to use it.  Firefox, lots of stuff on OS X,
> Adobe Flex and Lightroom...

I'm in the same shoes currently, trying to get together a new Cygwin
install at our company.  Currently I can't take over anything, but I'm
sitting on 225 CPAN distribution packages.  If maybe I should end up
maintaining some or all of them, adding sqlite3 to that stack would be
possible.  I'll keep it in mind...

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: