RE: Small request for the new cygwin terminal

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Koppe
<snip/>
It is done on purpose, to allow Shift+Esc to be bound to a different
function if desired. It's documented here:

[1] http://code.google.com/p/mintty/wiki/Keycodes#Special_keys

Shift+ESC sends the Unicode codepoint U+009B, aka the Control Sequence
Introducer (CSI) character.
<snip/>
-----END Original Message-----

My experience does not agree with the "Special keys" table at the
page referenced by that URL.

When pressing the unmodified Pause/Break key, I get ^], which maps
to Pause in your table, and pressing Ctrl+Pause/Break, I get ^\,
which maps to Break in your table, so this agrees with the statement,
"Pause and Break usually share a key, whereby Ctrl has to be pressed
to get the Break function."

But, when I press Shift+Pause/Break, because I'm not pressing Ctrl,
I should get your table's Pause/Shift result, U+009C, but I get 9D.
Similarly, when I press Ctrl+Shift+Pause/Break, because I am pressing
Ctrl, I should get your table's Break/Shift result, U+009D, but I get 9C.

Also, when I press either Ctrl+Tab or Ctrl+Shift+Tab, instead of
getting what the table indicates, I don't get anything at all.

--Ken Nellis