Re: pipe error depending on drive

On 6/7/2012 10:30 AM, DEWI - N. Zacharias wrote:

Hi all,

I have a strange behavior of cygwin here. I have two machines with the
nearly (*)he same configuration on machine A everything works good, on B I
get the error

1 [main] sh 1884 sig_send: error sending signal -40 to pid 1884, pipe
handle 0x768, Win32 error 6
sh: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable

depending on which drive I start a perl program which uses a pipe via
IO::File->new("dosomething.pl |");

<http://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.fixing-fork-failures>

<snip>

Two other issues are also strange :

First if I try to update machine A I get the warning that this is the
first time that I setup version 1.7 (setup 2.774)

More than 1 installation on this machine? Check 'cygcheck -srv' output.

Second the /etc/fstab file seems to have no effect on the mountings on machine B
Even if I delete this file I get the same settings

'/etc/fstab' is "additive". Put additional mount points in this file. The ones you have are the defaults so they are not driven by this file.

-- Larry