Re: make: .exe handling breaks kernel cross-compile

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 01:06:18PM -0500, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>I can confirm that this previously reported bug in make .exe handling
>still affects the cross-compile of the Linux kernel:
>
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-11/msg00935.html

Without diving into the depths of the linux makefiles, this doesn't seem
like a bug.  gcc creates .exe files.  The makefile isn't expecting to
create one and, so, gets confused.  Makefiles which expect .exe
extensions usually use the EXEEXT variable for just this purpose.
Linux's makefile doesn't do that for probably obvious reasons.