Re: /bin and /lib mount points occasionally lost

ASSI wrote:

> richw writes:
>> I believe what needs to be studied is why an access from a remote system
>> to an nfs file system before opening a bash prompt causes the automatic
>> mount of /usr/bin and /usr/lib to be skipped.
>
> With the most likely problem apparently out of the way, let's look at
> the second: when you access the NFS export, three daemons get started
> (mountd, nfsd and portmap) under their own account (apparently .\nfs?).
> Those should see the following mount points according to cygcheck3.out:
>
> C:\cygwin        /          system  binary,auto
> C:\cygwin\bin    /usr/bin   system  binary,auto
> C:\cygwin\lib    /usr/lib   system  binary,auto
> cygdrive prefix  /cygdrive  user    binary,auto
>
> and since they appear to be working correctly (but check the logfiles)
> one can assume that these mounts are present.
>
> When you run bash before starting the daemons you said you see these
> mounts instead:
>
> C:/cygwin/bin on /usr/bin type ntfs (binary,user)
> C:/cygwin/lib on /usr/lib type ntfs (binary,user)
> C:/cygwin on / type ntfs (binary,auto)
> C: on /cygdrive/c type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
> D: on /cygdrive/d type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
>
> So there must be an fstab entry that changes /usr/bin and /usr/lib to
> user mounts.  What happens if you get rid of those two entries, either
> in /etc/fstab or /etc/fstab.d/<user>?
>

> Regards,
> Achim.
> --
> +<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
>
> Waldorf MIDI Implementation & additional documentation:
> http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfDocs
>

> --
>

>when you access the NFS export, three daemons get started
>(mountd, nfsd and portmap) under their own account (apparently .\nfs?).
The daemons are apparently started before the NFS export is accessed.
At least, the windows "services" report shows them as "started".
The logon Is .\nfs

>Those should see the following mount points according to cygcheck3.out:
I don't have /usr/bin or /usr/lib in exports, but I think you are saying
that if
I did, I could access them via NFS.

>When you run bash before starting the daemons you said you see these
>mounts instead:
I goofed, and didn't initially notice the difference between (user) and
(auto) in
the mount command response. When I do the mount manually to correct
for the missing mount, it shows (user). When I reboot and run bash first,
I see (auto) as expected.
/etc/fstab is empty (except for comments), as is /etc/fstab.d