Re: /bin and /lib mount points occasionally lost

So the domain is "." and the account "nfs"?

I have no idea what .\nfs means. I'm just reporting what services reports.

>>Those should see the following mount points according to cygcheck3.out:
> I don't have /usr/bin or /usr/lib in exports, but I think you are
> saying that if I did, I could access them via NFS.

Maybe.  It could be worth a try.

Works, but not as I expected, as in another post (exporting /usr/bin
allowed /bin to be mounted successfully)

>>When you run bash before starting the daemons you said you see these
>>mounts instead:
> I goofed, and didn't initially notice the difference between (user)
> and (auto) in the mount command response. When I do the mount manually
> to correct for the missing mount, it shows (user).

Do the mounts resurrect correctly via "mount -a"?

mount -a does not resurrect mounts.

> When I reboot and run bash first, I see (auto) as expected.
> /etc/fstab is empty (except for comments), as is /etc/fstab.d

Do you get things back to working state by closing all Cygwin
applications, then stopping all Cygwin services and then starting bash?

Yes, this did work. Bash started up normally.

Regards,
Achim.