This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Why won't my .sh file work with cygwin?
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 12:04:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: Why won't my .sh file work with cygwin?
- References: <email@example.com>
* Gundament (Tue, 3 Jul 2012 22:38:36 -0700 (PDT))
> I am new to Cygwin but I understand it does it's best to simulate a
> linux terminal.
No. "Cygwin is: a collection of tools which provide a Linux look and
feel environment for Windows." http://cygwin.com/
> I want to make a little program and I have written out the entire code and
> saved it as a ".sh" file.
> I have paired my Windows computer to open .sh files with Cygwin's mintty.exe
You are confusing a terminal (like Mintty) with a shell (like bash).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple