This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Hang when launching WiX's candle.exe with cygwin 1.7.15. Runs OK with 1.7.9
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Graham Perks <graham at kace dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 20:45:33 +0400
- Subject: Re: Hang when launching WiX's candle.exe with cygwin 1.7.15. Runs OK with 1.7.9
- References: <CC1CBE5D.53D4firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Graham Perks!
> - Install Windows 7 x64, with VS2008 + SP1.
> - Install WiX 3.5 (Windows Installer builder), from
> http://wix.codeplex.com/releases/view/60102; Wix35.msi.
> - Install cygwin base.
> - Add C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Installer XML v3.5\bin to your PATH
> (via Control Panel)
Do note that this doesn't tell us a thing about exact steps performed.
Did you added that to system or user variables? Before or after Cygwin's own
> - Open Cygwin Terminal
> - Type 'candle' - terminal hangs. Apparently no new processes are kicked
> off, per Task Manager.
> With an older cygwin (I had 1.7.9(0.237/5/3) 2011-03-29 available), and
> candle.exe runs correctly, showing the available command options.
> I've tried working around this by executing 'cmd /c candle.exe ...' but
> wind up with the same result, a hang.
> Any ideas on workarounds or fixes?
%Cygwin%/bin MUST be first in PATH.
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 07.07.2012, <20:42>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple