This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: running .bat file in cygwin
- From: Greg Chicares <gchicares at sbcglobal dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:58:54 +0000
- Subject: Re: running .bat file in cygwin
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2012-07-11 16:26Z, emon wrote:
> Can anyone suggest me how I can run this .bat file at cygwin or refer me to
> a site.
Since you've decided to start using Cygwin, the best advice
is probably to write it as a shell script instead. There are
many tutorials on the web.
But if you really want to use a batch file...make sure it's
executable, then just run it--for example:
/tmp$cat >eraseme.bat <<\EOF
echo Hello from batch file
/tmp$chmod +x eraseme.bat
C:\cygwin-1_7\tmp>echo Hello from batch file
Hello from batch file
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple