Perplexing message on bash shell start up

This is not a major problem, but I thought Iâd report it for the curiosity value.
On starting a bash shell (in xterm which is probably not relevant) I got the following message:
âââ
cygwin warning:
 MS-DOS style path detected: /cygdrive/c/Users/.../Repos/scripts/Home/.bashrc
 Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/Users/.../Repos/scripts/Home/.bashrc
 CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
 Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
$>bash --version
GNU bash, version 4.1.10(4)-release (i686-pc-cygwin)
$>
ââ
The puzzling point being that the âPreferred POSIX equivalentâ is identical to the remarkably Cygwin like âMS-DOS style path detectedâ.
I am pretty sure this happens because I use a MKLINK symbolic link in %HOME% to reference my .bashrc inside a repository.
I do not use a Cygwin symbolic link so that MINGW bash can find my .bashrc as well.
Regards,
EvanÂÂÂ