This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: tar won't extract all files when a file with exe extension precedes the same without extension inside the archive
- From: "Steven Hartland" <killing at multiplay dot co dot uk>
- To: "Aaron Schneider" <notstop at users dot sourceforge dot net>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 01:39:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: tar won't extract all files when a file with exe extension precedes the same without extension inside the archive
- References: <BLU152-W148807FCA9B75410CB8F1FCED10@phx.gbl>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Schneider"
$ touch myfile myfile.exe
$ tar -cvf mytar.tar myfile.exe myfile
$ tar -xvf mytar.tar
Only myfile will be written to the filesystem
Yep, apparently its "by design" :(
It causes us pain regularly so we would like this fairly
recent change reverted so behaviour is once again predicatable
and it doesnt break simple takess like extracting archive.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple