This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: best way to re-install and keep cygwin configuration
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:10:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: best way to re-install and keep cygwin configuration
- References: <4FFF12A6.email@example.com>
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:08 PM, LMH wrote:
> I am getting ready to re-install XP and I would like to avoid having to
> completely redo my cygwin install. Is there a way to export the current
> settings (installed packages, etc) and then re-import it after re-install?
> I was thinking of just copying my cygwin_install directory that has
> setup.exe and the mirror folders and then reintroducing that to the new
> install, or just copying the entire cygwin root folder as well.
> Is there a prescribed method for this?
Barring a backup utility to restore it later, I would suggest a
straight copy to an external disk or perhaps burn it on a DVD. Be
sure to export a copy of the registry so you can later import it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple