This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Open URLs with # using cygstart.exe
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <Adam dot Dinwoodie at metaswitch dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:12:28 +0000
- Subject: RE: Open URLs with # using cygstart.exe
- Deferred-delivery: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:12:00 +0000
- References: <B55E4FF0-6EBE-496B-89F5-B42173750B25@mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk>
Alexander Konovalov wrote:
>I am trying to open the exact location in the html file using my default-
>browser with the command of the form
>However, the anchor is ignored, so instead of going to the exact location
>it opens the file and stays on the top of the page.
This is entirely a Windows issue. You'll get the same behaviour if you drop
that string into a Windows Run dialog.
I've no idea what the solution will be, but I very much doubt it'll be Cygwin-
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple