This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: pv
- From: Aaron Schneider <notstop at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:45:39 +0200
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: pv
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
pv has been uploaded to cygwin
"Pipe Viewer - is a terminal-based tool for monitoring the progress of
data through a pipeline. It can be inserted into any normal pipeline
between two processes to give a visual indication of how quickly data is
passing through, how long it has taken, how near to completion it is,
and an estimate of how long it will be until completion.
Additional support is available for multiple instances working in
tandem, to given a visual indicator of relative throughput in a complex
This monitoring tool was created in 2002 and is already present in
almost every GNU/Linux and BSD distribution.
- The only runtime requirement is libintl8.
- To build it you need: binutils, gcc4, gettext-devel, libiconv, make,
- It includes localized messages in english, german, french, polish and
There is a known issue: pv can't lock terminal on cygwin when using the
-c option, but this won't either affect any data or kill the process.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple