This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Confusing, but not fatal bug....rmdir removed network dir (rename to .____00000hexnum/)
- From: Linda Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- To: Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 09:24:32 -0700
- Subject: Re: Confusing, but not fatal bug....rmdir removed network dir (rename to .____00000hexnum/)
- References: <500B961D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Linda Walsh!
I sometimes use "rmdir *" to clean up empty dir's.
There's a known issue about difference in Windows and *NIX handling of
directory removal in many cases.
I would say, you drop such practice and be more explicit in your actions.
You are saying POSIX allows directory removal to behave
differently if it is running on Windows?
I'm not running this in explorer, or cmd.com
I'm running in bash, using rmdir.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple